Monday, January 12, 2015

Spending Time with Nature Rejuvenates Us!

As we start this New Year, 2015, at Cosmetiques LAUDUN TM, we find ourselves in a reflective mood. The last year presented a number of tough challenges for all of us - health problems, moving, worry over loved ones, to name a few. Today as we look back, we're very happy to see we made it through those trying times, "with flying colors!"

It seems to me, as I write to all of our very loyal Customers, Friends & Followers, that the single most important "challenge" that I face in this New Year, and every day, is maintaining my inner happiness and peace. Every day stresses can add up quickly and feel like a huge burden by the end of the day- they can leave me feeling tired and overwhelmed. So, I believe it's important for all of us to do a few different things every day to help combat stress and help us feel & look good.

One of the best things I've found that helps get the stress out of my body & lightens my mood is to "take a break with Nature." Taking some time out from work or chores each day to go outside and breathe in the fresh air and observe Nature's quiet workings in whatever season we're in, re-energizes my mind, body & spirit. I simply LOVE to take a 30-40 minute walk every day, and look at the trees, the sky, the running water in the rising creeks....
I breathe in the fresh, invigorating scent of the Cedar & Pine trees here in the Pacific Northwest and observe the different bird flocks as they come and go with each season. I am reminded how effortlessly birds fly- they don't have to think about it, they just DO it. I am rejuvenated, physically & mentally!

Try this little change for 30 minutes every day, or if that seems too much, then try 30 minutes every other day, and watch how your attitude, mental acuity and spirits lift! I'd love to hear your comments after you've tried this for a week, so feel free to leave them in the Comment Section of this Blog. Now go outside & spend some time with Nature! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment