Monday, November 24, 2014

Gratitude- the "Miracle Worker"

We are already feeling it- the "stress" of the holidays- we're running around, from one appointment, back to work, to another appointment, making travel plans with family & friends, and of course, countless trips to the grocery store this week for the American Thanksgiving holiday. Sheesh! -Time to take a "time out," to pause, breathe and reflect on what we have to be Grateful for in all of our lives.

I'm not suggesting we do this just because it's Thanksgiving, but to train ourselves to make "being grateful," a regular habit, one that we can strive to do daily. It's actually scientifically proven to help relax us, relieve stress, and improve our health in general. I feel strongly about it, because I've noticed over the years that when I am feeling grateful for all the blessings in my life, I feel happier!

When I am able to focus my thoughts on even the simplest things I have to be grateful for, like having clean, running water or the fingers to type this with -a Miracle happens- my perceptions about myself and my life change dramatically. This practice has a way of putting all worries into perspective. "A Course in Miracles," describes a "Miracle" as simply being, "a Change in Perception," and I have come to absolutely believe this, based on my own personal experience. For example, when I focus my thoughts on what I have in my life right now that I am grateful for, MY THOUGHTS become HAPPY and POSITIVE. -A Change in Perception! -So this is why I call Gratitude a "Miracle Worker," because it always produces a BIG Change in my Perception for the better.

Have you had any experience or proof positive in your own life about how Gratitude can flip a bad day right over into a good day, or a bad mood into a positive one? -If so, we'd love to hear about your experiences, so PLEASE leave your Comments right here on our Blog! In this way we can all help each other to remember to be Grateful, for even the simplest of gifts, every day, so we can feel good, too, every day! Happy, HAPPY Thanksgiving to you and all your Loved Ones! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment